SOMETHING NEW! December Writing Classes…
WRITING CIRCLES IN FORT WORTH
Because of the holidays, we’ll take a break over Christmas and New Year’s to be with family, to enjoy and to travel (gathering those experiences to write about).
Before the holiday weeks, though, we have an opportunity to have a “short form” session, two weeks rather than six; for $30 rather than $90. This is a good opportunity for people who want to “try out” the Writing Circles with our regular folks before making a six-week commitment.
The Dates are:
- Tuesdays, Dec. 10 and 17 from 7 – 10 p.m.
- Wednesdays, December 11 and 18 from 2-5 p.m.
Interested? Let’s talk…email or phone: 817 737 6958; email@example.com
And there's more...
- Watch this page for news about writing classes in SMU’s “The Writing Path”…the 2014 winter-spring schedule will be announced soon.
- Planning still further ahead, DFW’s annual writing conference, started by Dallas Fort Worth Writer’s workshop invited me back to “teach” or talk about a couple of topics: “Creating Story Characters” and “Getting Started…” This conference is May 3 and 4 in Hurst in 2014. For more on the conference go to DFWcon.org.
Talking about researching and writing Texas Dames: Sassy and Savvy Women Throughout Lone Star History to other writers and readers. And what better place? A library, this time Saginaw’s Public Library.
Leading Writing Workshops,
Seminars & Breakout Sessions
I’ve been privileged to lead workshops for professional communicators, speak at writing conferences about various techniques of writing as well as to lead and teach at ongoing writers programs in professional organizations and church groups. Below are some of the topics.
- Dialogue, “The Tension Engine”
- Building Characters that "Win the Hearts of Readers”
- Description of Time and Place (Without Which there’s No Story, Right.)
- A Plot That Sometimes Sizzles, Sometimes Seduces.
- Publishing “How To’s” And “Thou Shalt Not’s.”
- Writing Memoir, Secrets for the Public
- Business Communications—Marketing & PR—Getting the Message Out
- Essay Writing, Great Explorations of Ideas, Experience
- Feature & Article Writing—Getting the Organization Right for Strength
More topics are often created as you and I sort through how your organization or conference might best benefit.